enhance Immune System
Acupuncture and Herbal formula are excellent treatment methods to enhance immunity to treat many disorders associated with compromised or weakened immune system. they are effectively enhance the immune system, and antibacterial, and antiviral effects to prevent and treat infection.
- Drink plenty of fluids to ensure that the lymphatic system drains freely and circulates smoothly
- foods that are helpful to strengthen the body and fight infection include garlic, citrus fruits and green vegetables
- limit the intake of sweet foods and refined white sugar: they impair the body’s ability to kill bacteria
- Avoid over-exertion both mentally and physically, either of which can suppress the immune system
- wear appropriate clothing on cold, damp, or windy days, and avoid chilled or over-heated
- rest is essential in the recovery of a weak immune system or as protection against catching a cold
- the skin is the largest organ of the body, and the first defense against pathogenic factors. exercises that stimulate the skin will strengthen the immune system
- regular exercise and adequate sleep (at least eight hours) are essential to maintaining a strong immune system
Acupuncture and herbal formula can alleviate pain, promote Qi stagnation and unblock stagnation in the channels.
Caution & Contraindications:
Acute neck and shoulder pain, such as in whiplash, may be accompanied by spinal or anatomical injuries. the patient should be checked for structural and anatomical abnormalities if the overall condition does not improve after treating acupuncture or taking herbal formula for one week.
if the patients with fever and a one-sided back pain, consider a possible kidney infection. patients with acute nephritis should be referred to their medical doctor immediately.
patients who have pain radiating to the extremities accompanied by a sudden loss of bladder or bowel control may have a pinched nerve or spinal injury, and must be referred out to emergency care. this condition, known as cauda equina syndrome, can lead to permanent disability and must be evaluated and treated immediately.
- eat plenty of whole grains, seafood, dark green vegetables, and nuts. these foods are rich in vitamin b complex and magnesium, which are essential for nerve health and relaxation of tense muscles.
- fresh pineapples are recommended as they contain bromelain, an enzyme that is excellent in reducing inflammation
- to relieve cramps ans spasms, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially those high in potassium, such as bananas and oranges. also drink an adequate amount of warm water
- decrease the intake of sour foods, drinks or fruits (citrus), as their nature constricts and may contribute to further stagnation in the channels and collaterals
- patients should avoid exposing affected areas to cold or drafts. scarves, turtlenecks or similar clothing should be worn to protect the neck and avoid exposing the shoulders
- patients with frozen shoulders should be encouraged to exercise their shoulders as much as possible
- patients should also be advised to check their pillow to make sure it is not too high or too low. Mattresses should also be assessed for firmness
- Hot baths with Epsom salts help to relax tense muscles and withdraw toxins from the tissues. rest and relax in the bath for about 30 minutes
- stretching and strengthening exercises for the back muscles are essential for long-term recovery
- for those who are overweight, weight loss is strongly recommended to decrease pressure on the joints and relieve pain
- proper balance of work and rest is very important
the liver is an organ responsible for many metabolic functions: formation and excretion of bile, carbohydrate homeostasis, lipid synthesis, cholesterol metabolism, and metabolism or detoxification of drugs and other foreign substances.
to detoxify the liver, the treatment protocol is to strengthen the liver function.
- patients with liver cirrhosis should increase the intake of vitamin k found in such foods as green leafy vegetables,especially artichokes, carrots, and beets. water intake should be increased.
- artichokes contain cynarin, a substance that stimulates the bile flow and regulates the liver.
- patients with hepatitis should avoid alcohol, sugar, fat, raw fish,and highly-processed foods with cheicals or food additives. also avoid over-eating, cigarette smoking, alcohol, coffee, and drugs.
- avoid physical and mental stress and exhaustion whenever possible. Maintain a cheerful and positive outlook and avoid dramatic emotional swings.
- avoid exposure to toxins like heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, and environmental pollutants.